Quickbooks Won’t Print Error: Fixing It With The Best 5 Techniques
Quickbooks financial software is packed with incredible features out of which one is its printing attribute. It is a crucial feature of the software that helps users to print from anywhere and all print commands. But sometimes users encounter Quickbooks Won’t Print Error due to a corrupt or damaged QB component, printer, or computer issues.
You already know that for company owners, printing paychecks is very important, and if any printing issue occurs then they won’t be able to operate their daily tasks.
Also, QuickBooks printing issues stop you from your essential tasks and affect your productivity badly. Quickbooks’ common printing issues include printing in small fonts, not printing in black or a specific color, and many more.
To help you, we have created this detailed post to explore all about Quickbooks Won’t Print Error, its causes, and how you can troubleshoot it. Let’s get started.
Types of Quickbooks Printing Problems
|QuickBooks isn’t responding
||The PDF Converter appears offline
||Can’t save as .pdf file
||Can’t print to the printer
|Users can’t print to the QB PDF converter directly
||Can’t print cheques or Invoices
||QuickBooks Enterprise can’t print
||Form printing Issues 1099
|QB can’t save reports or forms as a .pdf
||Print Driver Host has Stopped Working
||Error 1801 or 1722 while installing PDF Converter
||QB hangs while trying to reconcile accounts
|QB Printing Issues checks
||Print Issue on MAC
||The device isn’t ready
|QuickBooks can’t perform the existing action because of a missing component
||A problem in connecting to the selected printer.
||Print Driver Host has Stopped Working.
||PDF Converter Activation Code Error -30, -20 or -41.
Factors Causing QuickBooks Won’t Print Error
We use the feature of printing for various purposes, similarly, there are multiple causes behind the QuickBooks Won’t Print Error. Let’s explore the most common factors behind it.
- Issues while connecting to your printer.
- QuickBooks is unable to connect to MS XPS Document Writer.
- There are some damaged components due to which QuickBooks can’t save the forms of PDF.
- QuickBooks starts freezing the moment you save a PDF.
- Unresponsive XPS port.
- You can’t print from Quickbooks when there is a missing XPS Printer Driver.
- Communication issues between QuickBooks and the printer.
- An unrecoverable error occurs while printing from QuickBooks.
- The appearance of PDF Converter Error 14982 50172.
- You might have ignored Error 1801 or 1722 while installing.
- Quickbooks fails to communicate with your company file.
- Also a damaged QuickBooks PDF component.
- Print host driver issues in the software.
- Another reason could be that your paper tray is empty.
- Maybe the printer is inactivated or offline.
- The printer’s improper installation also causes Quickbooks not printing.
- There are some changes in your default printer.
- You are not logged in as the administrator.
- Incorrect QuickBooks re-installation.
Points to Remember
While trying to fix printing errors in QB, you must remember a few points.
- First of all, check that your printer is plugged or turn on properly
- Secondly, see if your printer can print from other programs, because if it does then the issue is in Quickbooks.
- You can simply try rebooting or restarting the computer to fix the issue.
- If you can print reports but not the transactions then you need to change the template’s form.
Solutions To Repair Quickbooks Won’t Print Error
In this post, you will read the best troubleshooting techniques to get rid of QuickBooks Printer Problem Error. Let’s read each solution one by one.
Solution 1: Check Your Printer
You can attempt for a printout in Notepad to confirm if QuickBooks can print outside:
- To perform this step, firstly, tap on “Start” and search for “Notepad”.
- After that, write anything on the “Notepad” followed by choosing the “File” option and then “Print”.
- Choose the correct printer and tap on “Print”.
- If you still fail to print the page then try the next advanced method.
Solution 2: Printing a Test Page
- First of all, close the printer and reboot the system. Now turn the printer on.
- Check if you have properly loaded the printer’s papers on the tray.
- Hit “Start” followed by selecting “Control Panel”.
- Now tap twice on “Printers and Faxes”.
- If your printer is showing “Offline” then make a right-tap on the option “Printer” and choose “Use Printer Online”.
- Tap twice on the “Printer icon”.
- If you see any print jobs in the queue, choose “Cancel All Documents”.
- After that, you need to exit from the running Window.
- Right-tap on the printer and select “Properties” followed by choosing “Print Test Page”.
- In case the above step works out then try to print using a word-pad. The steps are:
- Firstly, tap on “Start” and hit “RUN”.
- After that type “WordPad” and press “OK”.
- Now type anything in WordPad and choose “File and Print”.
- Then, pick the correct printer and tap on “Print”.
- Check that no error lights are being displayed on your computer.
- Now mention to the manufacturer documentation of the printer for:
- In case, the printer shows an error signal.
- Can’t print a test page.
Solution 3: Renaming the Printing File
- First of all right-tap on a file having a “.Qbp” extension for your QB version.
- Now you have to rename it by adding .old at the end. For example- QBPrint.qbp.old.
- Then, access QuickBooks and navigate to “File” and choose “Printer Setup”.
- In the Form name, pick any transaction in order to make a fresh QBprint.qbp file.
- After doing that, select “OK”.
- At last, try to access and print any old or new transactions.
Solution 4: Check that the Printer is the Right One
There are chances that you might have chosen the wrong printer. To check that you have selected an appropriate one, just follow the next steps:
- Open QuickBooks and choose “File” >> “Printer Setup”.
- Next, choose the form and attempt to print it.
- Now, ensure that the name of the printer is matching with the one you are presently using. If it is not matching then, navigate to the option “Printer Setup” and correct it.
- Going further, hit the tab on the “Help” option in case you need extra details about the system’s settings.
- From the printer set-up, select a different printer.
- Firstly navigate to “File” >> “Printer Setup”.
- Select a form you need to print.
- After that, select a different printer.
- Moving further, navigate to “Help” to get more details.
- Try to print a different form if you are using memorized reports or customized forms, then try out a standard report or form.
- If you are trying to print many forms together in QB, first try to print a single page. If you can do it then try printing in small batches.
- Now open a sample QB company file and attempt to print a report or form. If it works then use fix data damage for the QB company file to fix any data damage. After that print again.
- At last, reach out to the option “Selective Startup Mode”. In case you are facing a similar issue again then reinstall Quickbooks via a clean install.
Solution 5: Running QuickBooks PDF and Print Repair Tool using Tool Hub
Quickbooks tool Hub is capable of fixing Quickbooks invoice printing problems. Try these steps to download and install it.
Step 1: Downloading QuickBooks Tool Hub
- First, close QuickBooks.
- After that, start downloading the QuickBooks Tool Hub file and save it.
- Now, access the file named- (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Carry out the instructions popping on your screen to install and approve the terms and conditions.
- At last, when you complete the install, tap twice on the tool hub icon to access it.
Step 2: Running QuickBooks PDF and Print Repair Tool via Tool Hub
- Firstly, open the tool hub and choose “Program Problems”.
- After that, tap on the “QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair tool”. Also, depending on your file size, it might take one-two minute to run.
- In the end, try to email, print, or save as a PDF via QB again.
Now, you need to launch the QuickBooks PDF Repair Tool. Follow these steps:
- First, find QBPrint.qbp file having printing issues in QuickBooks.
- Now, rename it manually.
- The location of the file on windows 8, 8.1, 7, or 10 is C: \ ProgramData \ Intuit \ QuickBooks 2XXX.
- If you can’t spot the file then unhide the hidden files as well as folders.
- Going further, right-tap on QBPrint.qbp to rename it.
- Then, open QuickBooks >> company file, here you will see that a fresh qbprint.qbp has been created automatically.
- Moving ahead, open a transaction having issues in creating PDF or printing in the software QuickBooks to see if it is working or not.
- At last, try to print to check that the error is repaired.
We hope that the above-described techniques helped you repair Quickbooks Won’t Print Error. Moreover, apply the steps in order and one by one to ensure positive results.
However, if you need more professional guidance then you may contact Quickbooks Customer Support 24*7. The dedicated team can be easily contacted via call/chat/email. Just dial their number and tell them your query. You will receive the best assistance from the expert team.
If you have any troubleshooting techniques to share then write them down below to help us as well as other readers.