Facing Quickbooks Check Printing Problems? 6 Solutions
QuickBooks is the perfect accounting software for entrepreneurs to handle their companies efficiently. It includes an incredible printing feature that helps users to print paychecks, pay stubs, forms, and numerous other documents from within the software itself. But sometimes, You might encounter Quickbooks check printing problems due to some technical problems. So, you must use this feature precisely.
Quickbooks printing issues mainly occur when there is a missing or damaged component in the software. Also, it can bother you when you have some issues with your printer. We know how important the printing feature is because without it most of your company’s work will be stopped. This is why you must start fixing the issue immediately.
This technical blog informs you how you can identify Quickbooks check printing problems easily and fix them permanently. Let’s start with the reasons first.
Reasons for QuickBooks Online Check Printing Problems
Quickbooks printing checks problems occur due to many reasons. Let’s read them one by one.
- QB is having issues while connecting to your printer.
- QuickBooks can’t connect with MS XPS Document Writer.
- The software is unable to save your reports or forms as a .pdf because of corrupt/damaged components.
- QuickBooks freezes when you try to save the PDF.
- QB freezes when printing due to an unresponsive XPS port.
- Missing/Lost XPS Printer Driver.
- QuickBooks is not responding to the commands of your printer.
- QuickBooks could not convert to pdf due to XPS Writer.
- An unrecoverable error occurs when you try to print via QuickBooks.
- The QB is having communication issues.
- Error 1801 or 1722 was not fixed while installation.
- Unrecoverable error with the code 15064 06798
- The QB can’t communicate with the file.
- Missing components are blocking QuickBooks to perform printing.
- Print host driver issues
Things To Note Before Troubleshooting Quickbooks Check Printing Problems
Well, before you jump to the troubleshooting part, it is important to keep some points in your mind. Let’s read all the points.
- Update your QuickBooks to the latest one as it adds up more features and tools.
- Install the printer software and make sure that your PC is well connected to the printer.
- Try to look for the error code message on the internet.
Fixing Quickbooks Check Printing Problems: Advanced Solutions
Note: Make sure to obey the steps in order to repair the Quickbooks check printing problems, printing center. Also, create a backup of the system as well as the company file before going ahead.
Method 1: Try to Print Outside QuickBooks to Confirm If the Issue is with your Printer or Not
- First of all, turn the printer off >> then restart your PC >> after that switch on the connected printer again.
- Load the papers in your printer properly.
- Then, click “Start”.
- Choose “Control Panel”.
- After that, right-tap on the option “Printers and Faxes”.
- Now right-tap on the tab printer.
- Choose the option of “Use Printer Online”, in case your printer is offline.
- Hit twice on “Printer”.
- Pick “Printer => “Cancel All Documents”.
- Now, “Close” the window.
- After that, make a right-tap on your printer.
- Choose “Properties”.
- Hit “Print Test Page”.
- If the particular test page prints! Check the printer using WordPad file:
- Click “Start” => “Run”.
- In the empty field of search, write “WordPad”.
- Hit “OK”.
- Type something on “WordPad”.
- Tap on “File” => “Print”.
- Choose the correct printer.
- Hit the “Print” icon”.
- Check that the printer is not exposing any error light.
- Then, inform the manufacturer’s documentation of your respective printer if:
- You fail to print from WordPad.
- Unable to print the test page.
- The printer is exposing some error signal.
Method 2: Login Via Private Browser
You can also login into your private browser to print checks. The steps are:
- For Google Chrome: Hold “Ctrl + Shift + N” to access the private screen
- For Internet Explorer as well as Firefox: You need to hold “Ctrl + Shift + P”.
- The Safari users have to hold “Control + Option + P”.
After logging in, try to print the checks again to check if the issue is troubling you in the private browser as well.
- Tap on the “Workers” option. This step will access the “Employees” page.
- Under the “My Payroll” option, hit the tab on “Paycheck List”.
- Tap on “Paychecks”.
- At last, hit “Print”.
Method 3: Clearing Cache from Your Browser
- Tap on “Menu” and tap on “History”.
- Hit the tab on “Clear Recent History”.
- On the time-range screen, set to “Everything”.
- Tick “Cache” next to details.
- Tap on “Clear”.
- Reopen Firefox to confirm if the issue is finally resolved. See if the printing problem is finally resolved.
For Internet Explorer:
- Hit the tab on the “Gear” icon.
- Choose “Safety” followed by clicking on “Delete Browsing History”.
- Untick the box which is besides “Preserve Favorites Website”.
- Tick “Temporary Internet Files” followed by hitting the “Delete” option.
- In the end, tap on “OK” and close IE before accessing QuickBooks Online again on it.
For Google Chrome:
- Tap on the option “Menu”.
- Next, choose “History” and tap on “Clear Browsing Data”.
- Now choose the beginning of the time by using the option “Obliterate the following items”.
- In the end, click “Clear Browsing Data”.
- Exit from Google Chrome and open it again. Open QuickBooks and see if the software hangs while printing checks.
For Safari Users:
- Open the “Safari browser”, tap on “Preferences”.
- Tap on “Advanced”.
- Choose “Show Develop”.
- Then, hit the tab on “Develop”.
- At last click on “Empty Caches”.
- Now exit from the tabs and restart it.
- Then, sign in to QBO to check if the Quickbooks online check printing problems are resolved.
Method 4: Rebuilding and Verifying the QB Data
To Rebuild Data Utility
- Open “QuickBooks”, tap on “File” then select “Utilities”.
- Choose “Rebuild Data” from the “QuickBooks Information” screen. Step by step follows the ongoing instructions on the window once you hit “OK”.
- After saving the backup, hit “OK”.
Running the Verify Data Utility
- Once you complete rebuilding data utility, tap on “File” then select “Utilities”.
- Choose Verify Data.
- Select “OK” when you see QB detected no issue with the data.
- If Verify diagnoses a problem with the data then you will see prompts- Rebuild Now / View Errors.
- At last, tap on Close.
Method 5: Fixing QuickBooks Checks Printing Issue By Enabling The Adobe PDF Reader
For QB Desktop Users:
You have to install an Adobe PDF reader and make it the default PDF reader on the system
For QB Online Users
The QBO users must be familiar with the fact that Adobe compatible PDF or Adobe reader is needed to print checks properly. You have to start downloading Abode Reader. After that restart the PC to finish the installation process. Then, enable the PDF Reader on your default browser and follow the next mentioned steps:
For Internet Explorer:
- Firstly, open IE.
- Tap on “Tools”.
- Choose “Manage Addons”.
- Thereafter hit “Toolbars and Extensions”.
- Navigate to the section “Show” and choose “View Addons”.
- If you have installed Adobe, you will see it on the “Manage Add-ons” screen.
For Google Chrome Users:
- Navigate to “Menu” and choose “Settings”.
- Then move to the option “Advanced” thereafter tap on “Content Settings” in the section “Privacy and Security”.
- Scroll down then choose “PDF Documents”, followed by switching it on for the “Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them” option.
For Firefox Users:
- Firstly, open Firefox and navigate to “Open” at the top right.
- Tap on “Options”.
- Find “Portable Document Format” under “Content-Type”.
- Inside the column of Action, change Preview to Use Adobe Reader.
- When you install the Adobe PDF Reader, the printing issue is easily handled.
Also Read: Quickbooks Won’t Print Error: 5 Techniques To Fix
Method 6: Open QB Tool Hub and Use QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair Tool
Quickbooks tool Hub is known for easily repairing Quickbooks online check printing problems brother printer and other QB errors. The instructions to make use of it are:
Step 1: Downloading The QB Tool Hub
- Firstly, exit QuickBooks.
- Then, start downloading the Tool Hub file thereafter saving it.
- Now, open the (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) file.
- After that, one by one follow the instructional prompts appearing on your display to conclude installing. Then agree to the license agreement.
- At last, once you install the tool, just tap twice on the QB tool hub icon in order to open it.
Step 2: Running QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair Tool
- Firstly, open the downloaded QB tool hub.
- Hit the tab on “Program Problems”.
- Thereafter, click “QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair”. The repairing tool can take 1- 2 minutes to run depending on your file size.
- At last, attempt to print a check using QB.
Time to Launch QuickBooks PDF Repair Tool
- Find “QBPrint.QBP” in the software having problems.
- Then, rename it manually.
- The location of the QBPrint.QBP on Windows 10, 8.1, 8 7 is- C: \ ProgramData \ Intuit \ QuickBooks 2XXX.
- If you are unable to spot your file then unhide the hidden files & folder.
- Going further, navigate to QBPrint.QBP followed by right-tapping on it to manually rename it.
- Now open “QuickBooks” ->> Company file. Once you reach there, you can see a fresh file created automatically named- Qbprint.QBP.
- Now, pick any check and try to print it to ensure that Quickbooks check printing problems are finally fixed.
Also Read, Can’t to Print Invoices From Quickbooks – Fix it!
We firmly believe that the above-mentioned 6 techniques helped you get rid of the Quickbooks check printing problems. These solutions are effective in treating this nagging error and also prevent it from coming back again.
We are convinced that by the time you reach the end of this informative post, the issue you are facing will forever be gone.
However, if you are still unsettled then try contacting Quickbooks customer support. They are always welcoming your calls, emails, and chats. Just tell your query and get the best guidance from the knowledgeable team.
Now, we think it is the right time to conclude this write-up here, feel free to write more tips, suggestions, and thoughts below to encourage us.